Monday, November 28, 2011

Giving Back

With the Christmas Season upon us I have been trying to teach my girls that it is better to give then to receive and that there are people who have nothing and we have so much.  One of my goals was to be able to use my couponing to give back and today, for the first time, I was able to and it felt AMAZING!  I made a little trip to my Dentist, Dr Do, and asked for some coupons.  Well I was blown away when she had a HUGE stack for me.  So I headed over to my parents house so my Mom could help me sort all the coupons, no small task, there were about 1000!  Some were actually expired but we still had tons and the one that I wanted to my deal today ... I had 275!  I had to go to two different Walmarts but was able to get a huge amount have a look .....








Crazy Right!  So here are the details:

126 - 85ML Toothpaste = Regular Price $2.69 Price Match Loblaws $0.99 and $1.50 coupon from my Dentist for each one.
43 - Travel Size Toothpaste = $1.00 then $1.50 coupon from my Dentist for each one

Retail Cost: $431.59 (including HST)

and my total ... drum roll please ...

I MADE $65.08

That's right Walmart PAID me $65.08 in gift cards to "BUY" 169 tubes of toothpaste.  So we are ready to make a large toothpaste donation to charity (and share among our family and friends who need it) then use the money we made to buy some gift for children in need.  I LOVE that I was able to do this and will help so many people out!   

3 comments:

maru said...

So how many transactions did you have to do? Usually those coupons say on per purchase.

Delia Elizabeth said...

I did it in 6 transactions but could have done it in 1. At the Walmart for the first time ever they decided I was only allowed to price match 6 items per transaction then I went to the super center Walmart and was able to get the rest. "one per purchase" means one coupon per item NOT one per transaction. It keeps you from using 2 coupons on the same item but there are no restrictions on how many you can use in a transaction.

Crystal said...

ok, i'm a little slow...so explain to me how you get "paid" to buy stuff?